Cox Business Managed WiFi helps you provide your customers and employees with a commercial-grade, fast, and secure connection to the internet via WiFi. Businesses can select from the following three packages.
- Guest Package
- Private Package
- Total Package
Read the following information about basic Local Area Network (LAN) integration, bridge mode, configuring switch ports, setting up and connecting to your network, accessing the WiFi Portal, troubleshooting, and support resources.
Basic LAN Integration and Bridge Mode
- Basic LAN Integration allows the integration between the wired LAN and the Wireless LAN (WLAN) to enable wired devices to communicate with wireless devices across the same network layer. Common devices include desktop computers, servers, printers, point of sale equipment, surveillance cameras, tablets, smart phones, and laptops, as well as other things. This enables customers to print from a tablet to a wired printer, or to print from a wired desktop computer to a WiFi printer.
- Bridge Mode is a feature that enables LAN equipment that is excluded from any local wired or wireless network integration to connect directly to the internet. Common equipment include servers that need to be reached externally from outside a customer firewall. During initial installation, Cox Business provides additional information about the availability of a la carte IPv4 static IP addresses to help attach equipment to an unmanaged port.
Note: Cox Business supports LAN integration and bridge mode. Contact us for package availability.
Managed and Unmanaged Port Configurations
The Managed WiFi Switch is configured with Managed and Unmanaged Ports. Learn more using the image and information below.
| ||Managed Port|| |
|Unmanaged Port|| |
|Guest||Managed and Unmanaged|| |
- There are no passwords for your managed and unmanaged ports.
- To get additional unmanaged ports, you can do one of the following options.
- Purchase a third-party L3 switch or router.
- Configure your L3 switch or router with the public static IP address listed in the Leave Behind Brochure Insert left during install.
- Connect your L3 switch or router to the Unmanaged port 10.
- Although Cox does not provide support for additional managed ports, you can get additional ports with one of the following options.
- Purchase a third-party retail switch.
- Configure your switch to hub mode.
- Connect your switch to one of the Managed ports 6-8.
Learn more about the WiFi Portal with the following information.
- To log into your WiFi Portal, you will receive a WiFi Portal activation email to create your user credentials. At this time, you cannot use MyAccount user credentials to access the WiFi Portal.
Note: If you haven't received a WiFi Portal activation email, then check your junk mail folder. For additional assistance, contact the Cox WiFi Support Team at 877-984-0175.
- If you have forgotten your WiFi Portal user credentials, visit the Reset Password Tool.
- You can manage your networks from your WiFi Portal to do the following.
- Change a WiFi Network Name.
- Retrieve a guest WiFi password.
- Retrieve a Private WiFi password.
- Hide a Private WiFi SSID.
- Personalize a Guest Splash Page.
- For additional information about the WiFi Portal, visit the Getting Started Guide available at CoxBusiness.com.
For our Private or Total package subscribers, use the following steps to hide your SSID in the WiFi Portal.
- Sign in to your WiFi Portal.
- Click on Private WiFi, then click Networks.
- Under the Show SSID column, next to the SSID you want to hide, click Hide.