Billing & Account Support
Adding a New User ID in My Account
Last Updated: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 > Related Articles
Learn how to add a new user ID and opt in to Cox Email in My Account on Cox.com.
Adding a new User in My Account grants online access only. Customers who contact Cox by phone to discuss account issues cannot use their Cox Digital Identity as a form of identification. Learn more about Digital Identities in Understanding Digital Identities and Account Types.
In a web browser, go to www.cox.com.
- From the Cox.com home page, click Sign In My Account.
- Enter your primary User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
Note: You must log in as the primary Account Holder to create or modify an Authorized User.
Click View Profile.
Under My Profile, click Add & Manage Users.
Click Add User.
- Complete the following fields.
- User ID - Enter a user ID.
- Password - Create a password and re-enter the password. Click the ? for guidelines.
Note: A password strength meter will show you the security of the new password you select.
- First Name - Enter the first name of the user.
- Last Name - Enter the last name of the user.
- Nickname - Enter a nickname for the user ID. This step is optional.
- Recovery Email - Enter an email address that will be used to recover forgotten password.
- Would you like to create an email account? - All Cox High Speed Internet customers have access to up to 10 email accounts. Creating a Cox email account is optional and you may return here at any point in the future to create an email account.
- Allow this Secondary User complete access to all billing and payment areas. - Place a check in this box to grant an Authorized User the same access to the account billing and payment areas as the Account Holder. For more information, see Understanding Digital Identities and Account Types.
- Security Challenge - Enter the security code in the space provided.
- Click Add Secondary User.
Result: A confirmation window displays the changes and a confirmation email or letter is sent.