Billing & Account Support
Cox TV Online Content and Access Paths
Last Updated: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 > Related Articles
Learn about the additional options you have for viewing TV content online and via your mobile device.
About Cox TV Online
With Cox TV Online, you can access TV content from your computer or mobile device 24 hours a day from any U.S. location with Internet access.
- Accessible content is based off the channels you subscribe to within your Cox TV subscription.
- You can access several websites and apps that offer live or On Demand (OD) shows, movies, sporting events, sports talk shows, news, entertainment, and more. For a list of TV networks, available online or with mobile devices, check on My Connection and review TV Everywhere Networks. Additionally, several On Demand programs can be accessed from Cox.com/TV.
Cox TV Online General Requirements and Accessing Content
To access TV online or via app you must have a Cox user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID and password, sign up for one by registering your account. See Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences. In order to view certain content on most websites, you will be prompted to select a TV provider and enter your user ID and password. If you are already a Cox customer and have registered on Cox.com, you will need to enter your Cox credentials to gain access.
Each online TV provider has requirements regarding account types, system requirements, age restrictions, and number of users who can log in at the same time from an account.
Supported Websites and Apps (Required Authentication)
There are several networks that offer On Demand and live content via their website or app for free without a subscription. However, there are some networks that require authentication to access their content.
- Authentication requires that you subscribe to the channel via a service provider and login using your service provider credentials.
- Cox offers authenticated support to several sites and apps, most of which are located under My Connection, TV Everywhere Networks. For these sites you must have a Cox user ID and password to login to the website or app to view live or On Demand content.
- Upon accessing a network website or app that requires authentication, you will be prompted to select a TV provider and enter your user ID and password. If you are already a Cox customer and have registered on Cox.com, you will need to enter your Cox user ID and password to gain access. If you do not have a user ID and password, you can sign up for one by registering your account. See Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences.