December 08, 2021
Here's everything you need to know about the Disney+ streaming service.
Disney+ — the streaming service that's home to blockbuster movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and National Geographic — is now available through Cox Contour.
Disney+ is where you can find beloved characters like Cinderella, Iron Man, Princess Leia and Buzz Lightyear — all in one place.
The Disney+ library boasts some 13,000 family-friendly movies and shows, equating to more than 8,000 hours of content.
What's equally exciting about Disney+ are its original, exclusive series. Maybe you've heard about Baby Yoda? The cute little creature from original series The Mandalorian has become a sensation around the world.
Here's a look at what you can stream on Disney+:
What To Watch on Disney+
Disney+ features a vast library stocked by The Walt Disney Co.'s nearly century-old archive. The five main pillars include:
- Disney: Think titles like Frozen, The Muppets, Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Cruise and High School Musical
- Pixar: Movie favorites include Toy Story, Coco, Monsters Inc., Cars, Finding Nemo, Up and Soul
- Marvel: Name your superhero and they're probably here, from the big screen The Avengers and Captain America to original series WandaVision and Loki
- Star Wars: Enjoy the force of the franchise, including A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, The Force Awakens, Rogue One and Clone Wars.
- National Geographic: Acclaimed documentary and non-fiction series are here, like Cosmos, Wild Yellowstone, Free Solo, and The World According to Jeff Goldblum.
Disney+ also draws from the vaults of 20th Century Fox, which was acquired by Disney in 2017. Popular Fox properties include The Simpsons, Ice Age and Avatar.
Disney+ produces its own originals, which generally are spinoffs and sequels of existing franchises. Two of Disney+ best known series are The Mandalorian and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
Disney+ Launches for December 2021:
The streaming service's schedule for December is packed with new content, including:
- Hawkeye, which finds one of the original Avengers, Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), mentoring a skilled young archer (Hailee Steinfeld).
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid, an animated adventure based on Jeff Kinney's bestselling books about middle schooler Greg Heffley. He's scrawny but ambitious, with an active imagination that fills the pages of his journal.
- Welcome to Earth, which follows Will Smith around the world as he explores Earth's greatest wonders and discovers their hidden secrets.
- Foodtastic, which mixes the magic of Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm and The Muppets with top notch food art. Disney stories come to life through giant scene sculptures made entirely out of food.
- The Book of Boba Fett, which teams up legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) and mercenary Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen), last seen on The Mandalorian. They return to Tatooine to take over the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt.
More Great Content Streaming Now
Disney+ users can always find compelling new movies and shows, like Marvel's Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which features the franchise's first Asian superhero.
Jungle Cruise follows Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt on an epic adventure, based on the popular Disney theme park attraction, while Home Sweet Home Alone puts a new spin on the holiday favorite. In the latter, mischievous Max Mercer is accidentally left behind when his family travels to Japan for Christmas.
Especially for music fans is the documentary The Beatles: Get Back, from Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson. The three-part limited series mines footage from 1969 to chronicle the making of the iconic band's final album, Let It Be.
To watch any of the movies or series we've shared, simply say the title into your Contour Voice Remote. You'll be enjoying a beloved classic or a new favorite faster than you can say "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!"