November 21, 2021
The days of pulling circulars out of the paper and reading the fine print on doorbuster savings are far behind us.
In today’s modern world, you can get a second hand with budgeting, managing wish lists, tracking deals and placing orders with convenient phone apps. Whether you’re just browsing deals on your phone before going in store or doing all of your holiday shopping from the comfort of your home, you can even explore how investing in smart home devices now can help you save money later.
We’ve rounded up seven of the best apps specially designed to assist you with your holiday shopping journey. First make sure you have a reliable Wifi connection to track sales and get yourself and your tech devices ready for the season of sales!
- Rakuten. This handy app provides deal news, coupons and location-based updates right on your phone or tablet. It also grants shoppers cash back on online and in-store purchases from thousands of retailers! Simply turn on your location to browse deals in your area and enable push notifications to receive trending deal alerts.
- ShopSavvy. Like Rakuten, this app is perfect for serious shoppers looking to find the best deals as they pop up. You can search for items manually, or use your phone as a bar code scanner in store to retrieve prices on a specific product.
- Price Cruncher. It can be overwhelming to determine which deals are actually worth it. This nifty app takes the guesswork out of the equation by doing the math for you to rule out which offers to pass on. It's perfect for shoppers who buy in bulk or simply have a long shopping list.
- Flipp. This app helps remove the jumble of traditional paper ads by replacing them with digital versions from a range of retailers. Flipp also combines coupons with local flyers to provide you with additional savings, so you can snag the best deals and place orders right from the comfort of your home.
- Santa’s Bag. It can be easy to go into a shopping frenzy during the holiday season — enter Santa’s Bag, a useful app that lets you set and manage budgets for everyone on your shopping list. Simply track the days until the holiday to see how much you’ve spent over or under your target budget.
- The Coupons App. Giving shoppers deals, coupons and online promo codes from 100,000 retailers, this app is perfect for browsing deals from your favorite stores. It also reminds you when coupons will expire, so you won’t miss out on a hot deal.
- Store-Specific Apps. In today’s tech-savvy world, your favorite retailers likely have a specific app to make your digital shopping journey easier. From Target and Walmart to Starbucks and Nordstrom, these retailer apps will generally include features like coupons and customer reviews, and in past years, some have added maps for shoppers to easily track down deals in store.