November 22, 2022
Holiday sales seem to start earlier every year, but savvy shoppers still mark their calendars for Black Friday and Cyber Monday to score the ultimate deals.
Along with turkey and football, Thanksgiving weekend just isn't complete without some doorbuster deals. Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thanksgiving) mark the official start of the holiday shopping season.
Whether you're shopping in-store or online this holiday season, these shopping tips will help you score the perfect gifts for your friends and family at the best prices. Chances are you'll save enough to treat yourself, too!
Find Great Deals From Home
These days, retailers may offer more options online than they do in stores. Plus, you can shop from the comfort of your sofa while wearing your PJs. Here's some tips for shopping from home:
- Make sure you have a super fast home Internet connection so you don't miss out on any deals. Want to check whether you're running at top speed? Go through this checklist for optimizing your wifi performance.
- Before the sales hit, sign up for loyalty programs for your favorite stores and brands, and follow their social accounts to be the first to know about what's on sale. If you have your eye on a certain item, put it in your shopping cart before Thanksgiving — this makes it easier to track your potential purchases and buy an item when you're ready or when it goes on sale.
- Take your time and compare prices for big-ticket items, and only shop with reputable retailers. You can find product reviews on websites like Consumer Reports and Wirecutter and compare prices for items on sites like Google Shopping and PriceGrabber.
- Shop right from your big screen with the QVC+ and HSN+ apps now available on Contour TV and the Contour Stream Player. Just say "QVC Plus" into your voice remote to get started.
Get Great Deals On the Go
If you prefer heading to the stores, start early. That means potentially getting all of your shopping done before Thanksgiving Day. And if you're venturing out for Black Friday deals, plan ahead.
On the morning of Black Friday, create a shopping plan:
- Prioritize your stops to get your most-wanted high-ticket items first.
- Avoid wasting time on out-of-stock items by first checking inventory online.
- Finally, don't leave without a gift receipt, in case the item doesn't work out.
You can keep your shopping vibe going by supporting local merchants on Small Business Saturday (the day after Black Friday). And don't forget to consider a donation to your favorite charities on GivingTuesday (the day after Cyber Monday).