November 29, 2022
Today on GivingTuesday, as the world celebrates generosity and kindness, Cox employees are making their mark to build a better future for the next generation.
Because of their generous contributions, we’re able to award $105,000 to nonprofits throughout Virginia – and for the first time ever in North Carolina*.
Not only are the grants completely funded by employee donations, but employees also volunteer their time to read applications and vote to select the recipients supporting Cox’s social impact initiative known as 34 by 34.
Congratulations to the 2022 Cox Charities Community Grant Winners!
Hampton Roads/North Carolina
- This grant will support local outreach to disproportionately impacted communities, including the 2023 Alzheimer’s Research in the Black Community conference in partnership with Norfolk State University.
- This grant will provide families facing all phases of a pediatric cancer diagnosis with bill relief in 2023.
- This grant will support their BackPack Buddies Program which provides essential nutrition to underserved children, filling the gaps on weekends and during the summer months.
- This grant will support their food pantry, home and car repair program, and their thrift store which provides adequate clothing and household items to those displaced.
- This grant will support their Youth Emergency Shelter Program which serves homeless youth, by providing a safe space for them to sleep at night while they work to get back on their feet.
- This grant will ensure youth are connected with caring adults and programs that will give them access to clothing, food, education and empowerment.
- This grant will support activities to ensure that children of incarcerated individuals don’t repeat the cycle of their parents.
- This grant will ensure critically needed food, equipment, and essentials are delivered to those in need removing barriers to underserved communities.
- This grant will support families in need with basics of emergency housing, food security, school supplies and emergency medical.
- This grant will support program expenses for children with cancer living in Northern Virginia to connect with their peers using tablets, laptop computers and Wifi hotspots.
- This grant will be used to cover one-time expenses for training, certifications (such as Home Health Care Aide, HVAC), work clothing, and transportation for shelter guests.
- This grant will provide children of wounded, ill, and injured military heroes with support, events, activities, counseling, and outreach through their Skip’s Kids Program.
- This grant will provide direct assistance to homeless families and victims of domestic violence, as they work toward safety and stability.
- This grant will support programming to prevent child abuse and neglect, strengthen family units and parent-child relations, and improve the futures of vulnerable children.
- This grant will provide 50 hours of one-on-one mental health counseling sessions to the Program’s low-income clients.
- This grant will support programs for all grades, including Triple Play, Healthy Habits, Passport to Manhood and SMART Girls at their 9th Street Club.
- This grant will support students’ needs from medical, dietary, personal and recreational which are met 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- This grant will support the transportation and refurbishment of donated adaptive mobility equipment for children with disabilities from families with limited resources.
- This grant will support the operations of collecting, inspecting, warehousing, and distributing millions of pounds of food annually.
- This grant will cover the cost of enrollment for low-income girls whose families can't afford to pay the program fees which include outdoor recreational guides, equipment rental, and transportation.
- This grant will support the Southwest Virginia Screening and Diagnostic Fund to provide screening and diagnostic breast services for underinsured and uninsured women and men.
*Located in Raleigh, NC, RapidScale is a Cox Business company and part of #TeamCox.