3 'What If' Questions to Ask Yourself This Earth Day
April 17, 2019
Here are some little things you can do to make a big impact.
Did you know...
- If every household in American switched to paperless billing and had their bills sent to them electronically instead of by mail, we could reduce solid waste in landfills by more than 800,000 tons a year.
- In the U.S., we throw away about 50 billion paper cups every year. That’s a stack that would go to the moon and back roughly five times. FIVE. TIMES.
- The average American throws away about 185 pounds of plastic every year. But it’s one of the easiest things to recycle.
So what if...
- You commit to switching all of your bills to be electronic-only and paperless.
- You buy a new to-go coffee mug and reusable water bottle to keep at work so we use less paper cups.
- You make an effort to recycle plastic, knowing that it's the easiest thing to recycle.
This Earth Day, ask yourself what you're doing for our world. At Cox, we ask ourselves every day.