NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes begins on August 8, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends on September 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in California. See Official Rules at [URL] for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/restrictions/ARVs and complete details. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Cox Communications California, LLC.
COX BASEBALL PRIZE PACK TICKETS SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Sweepstakes Description. The Cox Baseball Prize Pack Tickets Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on August 8, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on September 18, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of six (6) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period” and collectively, the “Entry Periods”) wherein one (1) Entry Period prize will be awarded via a random drawing at the end of each Entry Period from among all eligible entries received as of the end of each Entry Period. Each Entry Period ends every Sunday (outlined in the chart below) of the Sweepstakes Period at 11:59 p.m. PST, starting on August 8, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. PST.
Entry Period Starts at 12:01 a.m. PST
Entry Period Ends at 11:59 p.m. PST
August 8, 2022
August 14, 2022
August 15, 2022
August 21, 2022
August 22, 2022
August 28, 2022
August 29, 2022
September 4, 2022
September 5, 2022
September 11, 2022
September 12, 2022
September 18, 2022
3. Eligibility Requirements. The Sweepstakes is open to legal United States residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are 18 years of age or older residing in California. To find out if you reside in a Cox Communications service area, log onto www.cox.com and enter your zip code. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: employees and non-employee workers of Cox Communications California, LLC (“Sponsor”) , the “MLB Entities” (as defined below), and their respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled (the “Sweepstakes Entities”). The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM"), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), which for clarity includes the San Diego Padres (“Padres”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram or with the MLB Entities.
During an Entry Period, visit the Cox Virtual Meet and Greet kiosk located at Petco Park and take a virtual photo or video with a Padres player or mascot. Post your photo or video on Instagram or Facebook along with #sweepstakes #PadresPicsforPrizes (the “Required Hashtags”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be posted to a non-private social media account and MUST include the Required Hashtags to be eligible as an entry into the Sweepstakes.
Each entry must meet the following “Entry Requirements” (any entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
Your submission of an entry certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor. Limit to one (1) entry per person and per Instagram/Facebook account during an Entry Period.
Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, Instagram or Facebook. In the event of a dispute, all entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Instagram or Facebook account associated with the entry.
5. Prize. There are six (6) Entry Period prizes available. Each potential Entry Period prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to a San Diego Padres Home game. Game date and time are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Entry Period prize is $200 (the “Prize).
Winner must be able to attend the Padres game on the date indicated in Prize notification materials. If winner is unavailable to attend the Padres game on the date selected by Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries. No substitutions or cash redemptions of Prizes allowed and Prize is not transferable. Taxes and all unspecified expenses relating to Prize, including but not limited to transportation to and from the Padres game, concessions and souvenirs are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor and the MLB Entities are not responsible for and assume no liability for cancellation, postponement or rescheduling of the Padres game, for any reason, and Sponsor will not award an alternate prize in the event that the winner cannot attend a rescheduled game. If the Padres game is cancelled for any reason and not rescheduled, Sponsor will provide an alternate prize of equal or greater value. Winners’ companions must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the Padres, as applicable, and may be subject to change. Each winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner(s) and/or their guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition.
A winner may waive the right to receive a Prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Sponsor may substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on Prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the Prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. Prizes are nontransferable and non-assignable.
6. Selection of Potential Winner; Winner Notification. One (1) potential winner will be chosen at random at the end of each Entry Period (six (6) potential winners total) by representatives of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners by social media within forty-eight(48) hours of the drawing. In order to claim a Prize, a potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within 24 hours of notice or attempted notice. If a potential winner is not reached within forty-eight (48) hours of the drawing, or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Sponsor may select a substitute potential winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings, after which the Prize will remain unawarded.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any Prize constitutes a winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsors and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
8. Winner’s Responsibility. Potential winners must accept Prize within three (3) days of notification in order to be declared a winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of a Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in a Prize. Awarding of a Prize may require a winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (“Release”), which must be executed and returned within ten (10) days of sender’s postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of winner and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize and the selection of a substitute potential winner.
9. Winner List. For names of Official winners (available after September 20, 2022) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cox Communications California, LLC, c/o Social Media Promotions, 5887 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA 92111.
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE MLB ENTITIES, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZES AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, TAMPERING, HACKING, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR WEBSITE OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE OR OTHER CONNECTIONS; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY POTENTIAL WINNER, INCLUDING ANY LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, DAMAGED, INACCURATE, ILLEGIBLE, STOLEN, DELAYED, MISDIRECTED, UNDELIVERED, POSTAGE-DUE, OR GARBLED ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible entries.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California.
15. Sponsor. Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cox Communications California, LLC 5887 Copley Drive, San Diego CA 92111 (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook.