Add a Third Person to the Call
- Press and quickly release the switchhook to place the first person on hold.
- Listen for the dial tone.
If operating on a per use basis, press *71, otherwise continue to the next step.
- Dial the third person's phone number.
- To make the three-way connection, press and quickly release the switchhook.
Result: You can now talk with both people at the same time.
The switchhook is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.
Cancel a Three-Way Connection
- If the third person did not answer or you wish to disconnect from them, press and quickly release the switchhook. You are then able to reconnect to the person holding.
- If either of the two people hang up, you can continue talking with the remaining person.