Selective Call Rejection service offers you the ability to block specific telephone numbers.
- When this service is turned on, any caller on the list that you create hears an announcement that you're not accepting calls at this time. All other calls ring through as normal.
- You are not notified when calls are rejected.
- You are not provided the number of rejected calls.
The following restrictions apply to the Selective Call Rejection service.
- Only ten digit phone numbers can be added to your call rejection list.
- International phone numbers that require a 011 before dialing cannot be added to your call rejection list.
- Selective Call Rejection is not available to manage in Voice Tools on Cox.com.
- The Selective Call Rejection feature does not block unavailable calls.
Activate and Manage Selective Call Rejection
Use the steps below to activate Selective Call Rejection and add or remove numbers to your call rejection list.