Caller ID allows you to see the name and number of the person calling you before you answer the phone. The caller’s name and phone number display on your telephone or Caller ID display screen.
See the following steps for details on how Caller ID works.
- When you receive a call, wait until the first ring is complete.
- Look on the telephone display to see the name and number of the caller.
Verified Caller ID
Verified Caller ID is an enhancement to Caller ID that helps protect customers against spoofing by identifying verified calls. Calls are verified when the incoming caller's phone company has verified that the phone number displayed on the Caller ID is accurate and has not been spoofed or falsified. There is no additional cost, and no installation is required. For more information, refer to Using Verified Caller ID.
- If Anonymous, Private, or blocked call show on your display after the first ring, the caller may have blocked their name and number from being displayed.
- The display for incoming calls with blocked Caller ID will vary based on your phone or the Caller ID unit's features.
- Different Caller ID units/telephones have varying capacity and features. Refer to your phone or Caller ID's owner's manual for details.
- If any of the following show on the telephone display, then the caller is in an area that does not support Caller ID services.
- Unknown name
- Unknown number
- Out of area