Call Waiting allows you to suspend a telephone call already in progress to accept a second call.
- When you hear the special tone, depending on the type of phone you have, quickly press and release the switchhook, Link, or Flash key.
Note: The switchhook is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone.
Result: Your first caller is automatically placed on hold, while you are connected with the second caller.
- To alternate between the first and second caller, press and quickly release the switchhook, Link, or Flash key.
Result: While you talk with one caller, the other is automatically placed on hold and each conversation remains private.
- To end a call with one caller while keeping the other caller on the line:
- Hang up the handset, then your phone rings.
- Answer the phone and you are connected with the remaining caller.
Call Waiting Tones
If you are experiencing problems using this feature, it is generally due to other features that also offer interrupt tones.
Due to the basic design of each feature, the number of tones will increase if you subscribe to multiple features offering interruption tones.
Select based on the requested function.