The below process provide steps on how to verify the camera has power and that the equipment is connecting correctly, when you are unable to view live video remotely from your mobile app.
Verify the Camera Has Power
Verify power cable is properly attached to the camera and the electrical outlet in the wall.
- Confirm that the two green lights on the front of the camera are lit up.
- Make sure the electrical outlet is not controlled by a wall switch.
- If the cord is plugged into a GFI outlet, it may need to be reset.
- Test the outlet with another electrical device (such as a fan or clock).
Use the following to reboot both the touscreen control panel and the homelife security router.
Touchscreen Control Panel
Follow the steps below to reboot your Touchscreen. This process assumes the camera is positioned and has power.
- Complete a reboot of the touchscreen. Refer to Rebooting the Homelife Touchscreen.
- Wait one to two minutes until the home screen displays.
- Wait an additional five minutes for the broadband and cellular connectivity to reestablish.
- Test your system functions to determine if the issue was resolved.
Reboot Homelife Security Router
If rebooting your Homelife Touchscreen Control Panel did not resolve the issue, check to make sure your Security Router is properly connected and powered.
- Unplug the power adapter, wait two minutes.
- Plug the power adapter back in to power cycle the router. See Troubleshooting Cox Homelife Router Problems for further steps if necessary.
Note: The Homelife Mobile App has limited functionality if your broadband connection to your Touchscreen is down and you are operating on cellular back up. You are unable to view live video from your cameras or manage your Rules while your broadband is down.
If the steps above did not restore your broadband connection, contact Homelife Technical Support at 1-877-404-2568 for assistance.