Use the table below to learn how to troubleshoot when you have a problem with your Cox Homelife xCam 2 Camera.
|The light is blinking on my camera|
The light on the front of your camera and its power adapter can help you understand the Camera’s status:
- Solid Blue: The camera is on and operating normally.
- Solid White: The camera is powering up.
- Blinking Blue or White: The camera is in pairing mode and needs to be paired, or re-paired, to your account.
- Blinking Amber: The camera has a connection issue. See Troubleshooting the Cox Homelife Camera Offline.
- Blinking Green: The camera is in factory mode. Restart the camera by unplugging the camera’s power adapter from the wall outlet and plugging it back in.
|Can't see live video from my camera|
- Make sure the camera is plugged into a working power outlet.
- Make sure that the light is solid blue on the front of the camera.
- Make sure the camera is in range of the gateway.
- If you still can't see the video, refer to Troubleshooting the Cox Homelife Camera Offline to troubleshoot the camera's WiFi connection.
|Can't hear sound on my video|
- Make sure the camera sound is turned on in the Cox Panoramic Wifi app. Sound won't be available on video recorded before it’s turned on.
- Make sure the microphone on the Camera isn't obstructed. The microphone is on the front of the camera.
|Two-way audio is not working for my camera|
For issues with talking through your camera / video doorbell, complete the following steps:
- Verify that your Homelife camera supports 2-way audio. It is only available on the latest camera model (xCam2).
- Verify that sound is turned on in the Cox Panoramic Wifi app, and that permission is granted to use your phone’s microphone. See Two-way Audio for the Cox Homelife Camera.
- Verify the phone’s microphone is working by recording sound in another app.
|Not getting motion notifications from my camera|
- Make sure motion notifications are turned on for the camera. Notifications must be turned on for each individual camera.
- Make sure permission is granted for the Cox Panoramic Wifi app to send notifications in your phone’s settings.
|Receiving too many motion notifications|
If your camera is facing a high activity area, like a road, you may receive more notifications.
Note: Adjust your camera to lower traffic areas to decrease the number of notifications.
|A white ring appears in my video feed|
When the camera's night-vision infrared (IR) is active in low-light situations, the IR LED can reflect off obstructions, causing a white ring effect. If you can, adjust the camera position so the camera's view is clear of obstructions.
|Camera won't pair|
- Make sure the camera has been powered on and the light on the front is blinking white or blue.
- Make sure that the camera is plugged into the power adapter.
- Unplug the camera from the power outlet and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in. The camera will restart, which takes about three minutes.
- If the camera still won’t pair, reset the camera to factory setting by pressing the reset button on the back of the camera for 10 seconds.
- Restart the pairing process.
|Camera won't connect||See Troubleshooting the Cox Homelife Camera Offline.|
Additional Questions and Answers
View the following frequently asked questions about Cox Homelife Camera Troubleshooting. If you have additional questions, you can contact us.
The power adapter provides the camera's connection to your WiFi network. The maximum distance between the camera's power adapter and the gateway is 3 rooms. For best performance, make sure there is nothing blocking the power adapter, like furniture.
If you’ve enabled Continuous Video Recording on your camera, it will capture any motion activity that occurs within its view and save it as a video clip in your Cox Panoramic Wifi app.