|User ID and Password haven't been created yet ||Refer to Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences to set up your User ID and Password. |
|Password was entered with incorrect capitalization ||The password is case sensitive, meaning "WizardOfOz#9" is different from "WIZARDOFOZ#9" or "wizardofoz#9." |
- Make sure the CapsLock and NumLock keys on the computer keyboard are unlocked.
- Re-enter your password.
|Password was forgotten || |
- Click the Forgot Password? link in the Sign In box on www.cox.com.
- Enter your User ID.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password. For security, you will enter your Secret Answer to the Secret Question.
- Return to the Sign In box and log in with the new password.
|Password lock out ||Several failed login attempts in a row is perceived by the system as a security threat, such as a possible break in. |
- The system "locks out" additional login attempts.
- This lock out is intended to block unauthorized access to your account.
- If your login fails after several attempts, click the Forgot Password? link to reset your password.
Note: Cox cannot undo or remove a "lock out" in process.
|User ID was forgotten || |
- Click the Forgot User ID link in the Sign In box.
- For security, you will provide your Cox 16-digit account number, PIN, or the last four digits of your Social Security Number and the Secret Answer to your Secret Question.
Result: The User ID of the account holder displays.
The account holder can look up the User ID of an Authorized User by clicking My Connection on the Home page, My Account, then Manage Users.
|Secret Answer was forgotten || |
- If the Secret Answer has been forgotten, contact Cox Customer Support to either reset the password or look up the User ID so you can log in and update the Secret Answer.
- Return to the Cox homepage and Sign In with your User ID and Password.
- Click My Account, then Edit Secret Question. Select a new Secret Question and enter a new Secret Answer.
|Email account is not available for Multifactor Authentication ||You must use only a verified non @cox.net email address. |
|Primary contact email change message received ||Upon login, you will need to complete the factor verification process again, see Resetting Your Authentication Factors in My Account. |
|Multifactor Authentication One-Time Passcode doesn’t match our records || |
The One-Time Passcode has been entered incorrectly.
- Verify the code you are entering matches the code received on your authentication factor method and re-enter the code.
- Remember that the code expires in five minutes after you have received it. You may need to click Re-send code to have a new code sent to you.
|Haven’t received one-time passcode message || |
- If you have not received the one-time passcode via your authentication factor, then click Re-send code.
- When the new passcode is received, enter the new code in the Enter code field within five minutes.
Note: After requesting a new code, the previously sent code is no longer valid.
|Multiple authentication attempts locks account || |
- After five unsuccessful attempts of entering a One-Time Passcode, your account is locked and you are unable to login for 30 minutes.
- Wait 30 minutes and sign in again using the multifactor authentication.