Refer to the following table to determine corrections based on common errors while making a one-time payment online.
|Issue ||Correction |
|Missing an email address || |
Note: To keep you informed, Cox emails you a notification whenever we receive a payment, or when anyone makes a change to your account settings.
- We cannot accept a payment if your email address is missing or incorrect.
- Refer to the following steps to verify or update your email address.
- Click My Account at the top of the homepage.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
Note: If you do not remember your User ID or Password, or experience an issue signing in, see Recover Your Cox User ID or Reset Your Cox Password.
- Under the Billing section, click Change next to Paperless billing.
- Update the What's your email address? section.
- Follow the prompts to add or update your email address.
- Click Accept Terms & Enroll.
|Bill Pay contains incorrect or invalid information || |
- Check for typos.
- If paying by electronic check, confirm that the routing and account number are entered correctly.
- If using a debit or credit card, confirm that the card number and expiration date are entered correctly.
- If using a debit card, ensure that your bank is not limiting your debit card usage or try a different card.