Trying to set up your voice mail greeting? Follow these steps to get started.
Before You Begin
Become familiar with the greeting descriptions below:
- All Calls Greeting - plays for all unanswered calls, either unanswered or from busy line. An example is, "We're unable to answer the phone right now. Please leave a message."
- No Answer Greeting - plays only if call is unanswered. An example is, "Please leave a message and I will return your call by 3 p.m."
- Busy Greeting - plays only if call reaches a busy signal. An example is, "I'm on another call right now. Please leave a message and I will call you right back."
- Out of Office Greeting - plays only during specified times of the day.
- Extended Absence Greeting - plays only for a specified period of time, such as a vacation.
- Recorded Name Greeting - plays if no other greeting is active. You can record your name or phone number or say nothing for 2 seconds. The computer voice inserts whatever you recorded, like this: "The person you are calling, [recorded name or phone number or blank] is unavailable. Please leave a message."
- Incoming Call Greeting - plays for a Group mailbox. An example is, "You have reached Bob's family. If you want to leave a message for Bob press 0, for Alice press 1".