The Group Mailbox allows set up of one primary mailbox and as many as four sub-mailboxes all on one phone line. The primary owner of the group mailbox has the following permissions.
- Set up the primary mailbox, as well as any of the four sub-mailboxes or let other family members set up their own sub-mailbox.
- Set up the primary group mailbox greeting which informs a caller that a message can be left for any of the mailboxes in the group by pressing the numeral associated with that particular mailbox. For example, you could say, "You've reached the Jones family. Press 1 for Bob, 2 for Lisa, or 3 for Jim."
Each mailbox has its own settings for the following.
- Business times
- Voice prompts in either English or Spanish
- Distribution lists
- Email address for notifications a voice mail was deposited
- Message notification settings
- Message play settings
- Notification list
- Recorded name
Note: If you do not already have a group mailbox, contact us to add it to your account.
Complete the following steps below to set up a group mailbox for voice mail.