Before any blocks or locks can be set, a PIN must be created to prevent unauthorized changes. Your Contour receiver may not have a default PIN and requires you to set one up. You can create your PIN using your Cox remote control.
- Press the SETTINGS button on the remote.
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow on the remote to highlight the Parental Control option.
- Press SELECT button or the RIGHT arrow on the remote.
- Use the UP or DOWN arrow to highlight Set Parental PIN and press SELECT. A message asks you to set up or change the Parental Control PIN.
- Press the B button to begin the set-up process. Use the number keys (0-9) on the remote to set a four-digit PIN.
- Re-enter the 4-digit PIN to confirm that it was entered correctly.
- Press the A button when you are finished.
When a Parental Control PIN is in place, the menu item changes from Set Parental PIN to Edit Parental PIN. To retrieve your PIN, the account holder must contact a Cox Customer Care representative.