Follow the steps below to add a smart LED bulb to connect with your Cox Homelife Automation system.
- Sign in to your Cox Homelife mobile app.
- On the Overview screen, tap the More tab.
- On the More screen, tap Manage Devices.
- On the Manage Devices screen, tap Add Devices.
- On the Add Devices screen, tap the Lights icon.
- Follow the instructions on screen to install and then pair your smart LED light bulb.
To pair the smart LED light bulb with your Homelife hub, screw the bulb into any standard light socket (medium, type E26).
- Turn on the light.
- When the light begins pulsing, it is in pairing mode.
- Your Cox Homelife mobile app completes the rest of the pairing.
- Your paired light bulb displays on the Manage Device screen.
- Tap EDIT to customize the device name (for example, Living Room Lamp).
Using the Mobile App
- On the Overview screen, you can quickly adjust the brightness of your dimmable lights using the slider.
- You can also tap the Lights tile to control all your connected lights and smart plugs.
- Tap the selected light bulb to turn lights ON or OFF, or select ALL ON or ALL OFF options.
- For dimmable lights, use the slider to adjust the brightness.
For more detailed instructions on managing your lighting devices, see Managing Lighting Devices With Your Mobile App.