A Factory Reset erases all current settings and restores the modem, router, or Internet and Telephone modem to its original factory settings.
Before performing a Factory Reset read the following.
- When you click the Restore to Factory Settings link all WiFi connected devices will be disconnected from the network.
- You will need to use the original default SSID and password listed on the sticker of your WiFi modem to reconnect your devices; however, if you write down your current SSID and Password prior to performing a Factory Reset, you have the option to go into the Network Settings tab on the My WiFi portal and update the SSID and Password after the Factory Reset is complete. This will allow you to continue using your current SSID and Password, and keep you from having to reconnect all of your devices to the default SSID and Password.
To perform a Factory Reset, complete the following steps.
Note: All devices may not offer this option to be performed via the My WiFi portal.
- From the Network Settings tab, click Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down the page and locate Restoring to Factory Default Settings.
- Click the restore to Factory Settings link.