The Cable Connection Reset Tool sends a refresh and reboot signal that forces all the TV receivers in the home to restart.
Reasons For Reboot
The reasons to reboot your receiver are as follows.
- MiniBox displays the message, "Activation Taking Too Long."
- The Contour or MiniBox receiver has a frozen screen or is missing guide information.
- The Contour receivers may not be linking together.
Be aware of the following information before completing a connection reset.
- A TV receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes.
- TV programs that are actively recording will be interrupted.
Note: For ongoing issues or if the activation error does not clear after the reset, contact us by chat or phone.
Accessing the Cable Connection Reset Tool
Click the button below to use the Cable Connection Reset Tool.
You may be asked to sign in to Cox.com to allow our servers to sync with your cable equipment on our network.