When using the Contour app or the web portal at watchtv.cox.com, Cox offers the ability to cast content to Chromecast.
The following requirements must be met to use the Chromecast link.
- Customers must subscribe to Cox TV.
- Customers must have a Cox username and password to access the Contour App or watchtv.cox.com.
- Both the device casting and Chromecast device must connect to the same Internet.
Chromecast Supported Devices
The following Chromecast devices are supported with Cox. Refer to Chromecast Help Center for more information.
- First, second, and third-generation Chromecast devices.
- Fourth-generation Chromecast devices with Google TV.
- Chromecast Ultra Google Nest Hub.
To see eligible devices, refer to How to use the Contour App and select the embedded link to see device requirements.
Review the following for specific limitations and restrictions when using Chromecast.
- To view the full Cox TV content lineup, you must use your in-home Cox Wifi network. If outside your in-home network, then only content marked TV Go channels are available to cast.
- Kindle tablets are not supported.
- DVR subscribers may stream DVR recordings.
- Former Cox TV subscribers can cast previously purchased content.
- You may cast up to five concurrent streams when using your in-home Cox Wifi network.
- You may cast up to two concurrent streams when outside your home.
Refer to Casting the Contour App and Online Content to Chromecast to learn how to activate Chromecast to Contour App or watchtv.cox.com.