The following is used to support the door lock and battery.
- The lock is powered by four alkaline batteries located on the interior side of the lock, under the interior cover.
- The recommended battery is a new non-rechargeable alkaline battery.
- Based on ten operations per day, the battery is expected to lock for over a year. Systems that sit idle may continue to be operational for longer.
- The following help to extend the battery life.
- Get the maximum out of the life of your batteries by establishing the lock setting switches to position one, two, and three.
- Ensure the door is aligned and the lock is not making several attempts to lock or unlock, causing excessive battery use.
- Avoid turning on the keypad light more than necessary.