Follow the instructions below or watch the video for steps to replace the alkaline batteries in the Cox Homelife Door Locks.
|Kwikset Brand ||AA Alkaline Battery (4) |
| || |
For detailed battery replacement instructions for the door lock see Programming and Operating Your Cox Homelife Door Locks.
Watch the video.
- Locate the battery pack which is housed on the interior side of the lock, under the interior cover.
- Using the 3/32 hex key that you were provided at the time of installation, remove the three screws that hold the interior cover in place.
- Remove the interior cover.
- Remove the battery pack.
- Remove the old batteries and dispose of them properly, as recommended by the battery manufacturer.
- Place four new alkaline batteries in the battery pack.
- Reinstall the battery pack. Make certain the arrows on the DOOR indicator are pointing towards the door.
- After replacing the equipment battery, acknowledge any error on the touchscreeen and then reboot it. Refer to Rebooting the Homelife Touchscreen.