As a Cox Homelife customer, you have the flexibility to place your cameras almost anywhere. Whether you’re mounting your cameras outdoors or anywhere inside your home, we’ve got you covered. Cox has a few recommendations to get you started.
- Ensure access to a standard power outlet. A 10-foot power cord is included with each camera.
- You can connect directly to your router using a power-over-Ethernet connection.
The following are suggested camera locations for effective indoor and outdoor use.
Indoor Camera Placement
Ideal camera locations in the home are points of entry and areas that you can leverage height and visibility.
- Position cameras to provide a variety of angles that capture common areas within the home.
- Kitchen and living room cameras give you the ability to check in on your children or pets.
- A front door camera allows you to always see who is entering and exiting the home.
Outdoor Camera Placement
Mounted outdoor cameras allow you to monitor out-of-sight areas, such as the garage or backyard.
- Point cameras towards your yard for a view of activity happening around your home.
- Monitor undetected activity by placing a camera on or near your home's back door.
- Garage and driveway cameras allow you to keep an eye on cars, bikes, tools, and more.
Note: During your installation, for an additional fee, your Cox technician will mount your outdoor cameras.