Panoramic Wifi Pods Eligibility Requirements
To install and use Pods, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must have a compatible Panoramic Wifi Gateway, such as the Arris TG1682 or Technicolor CGM4141, installed in your home
- Have existing WiFi dead zones or coverage issues in your home
Panoramic Wifi Pods Benefits
Pods offer the following benefits.
- Helps eliminate dead spots to provide more consistent and reliable WiFi coverage
- Small enough to fit into the palm of your hand
- Each Pod plugs into an electrical outlet and works as an extension of the Panoramic Wifi Gateway network
- Optimizes WiFi throughout the home
- Allows for Easy Connect using the Cox Wifi app
- As devices join the WiFi network and move around the home, they stay seamlessly connected
Getting Started With Panoramic Wifi Pods
To install and activate your new Panoramic Wifi Pods, use the following information.
- Download the free Cox Panoramic Wifi app from the App Store or Google Play. Your mobile device or tablet must meet the following requirements.
- iOS version 11.0 or later
- Android 6.0 or later
- To sign in to your Cox Wifi app, enter your Cox primary user ID and password.
- Ensure that your Panoramic Wifi Gateway has a single network name (SSID) and password for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- Pods are dual band but require one WiFi network name and password. They do not support separate network names for the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands.
- If the Pod is going to connect to a gateway that is currently configured with two separate network names, then during the Pod activation, the network names will be combined into one and will take the name of either the 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz band.
Note: This means that two bands exist, but are combined into one network name to allow for a seamless WiFi experience as a device moves around the home.
- Place and set up your Pods using the Cox Wifi app.