As a Panoramic WiFi subscriber, you are able to download the free Cox Panoramic Wifi app from the App Store or Google Play. Your mobile device or tablet must meet the following requirements.
- iOS version 11.0 or later
- Android 6.0 or later
To sign in to your Cox Wifi app, enter your Cox primary user ID and password. The Cox Wifi app allows you to do the following.
- View the status of your internet connection
- Troubleshoot issues for a specific device connected to your home network
- View and change your Wifi name and password
- Activate your Panoramic Wifi Pods
- View in-home network activity information
- Access additional troubleshooting information
- Create user profiles for the people in your home to easily control and keep track of everyone's devices.
- Organize the devices connected to your in-home WiFi network and give them nicknames.
If you have recently activated your gateway or changed your WiFi name or password, then verify that you have connected all of your wireless devices using your new WiFi name and password. Devices connected through a third-party WiFi router or extender may not appear on your listed devices.
Complete the following steps to locate a device
- From the Cox Wifi app, at the bottom of the screen, tap Devices.
Result: A device list displays with the default device name provided by the manufacturer or the name you have previously personalized. Use the table below to learn about each device status icon that may display.
Indicator Description Greyed-Out Device Icons The device is not currently connected to your home network. Green Dot The device is connected to your home network. Pause Symbol
- The device is currently paused and cannot access your home network.
- To unpause a device, in the Device page, tap the Device Name, then tap Unpause Device.
Note: The pause function only prevents external connections and does not block connectivity on a local network.
Crescent Moon Symbol
- The device is currently in Bedtime Mode and cannot access your home network.
- To unpause a device in Bedtime Mode, at the bottom of the screen, tap People, then tap the Profile where the device is assigned, then tap Wake Up.
Note: Tapping Wake Up unpauses all devices assigned to that Profile until the next scheduled bedtime.
- From the Device List, tap which device you wish to view.
Result: From the Device screen, you can do the following.
- Tap Edit to personalize the device name.
- Tap Pause Device to block internet access.
- View Network Activity for that device.
- Tap Assign to assign the device to a profile.
- Tap Troubleshoot Device to see internet connectivity information and troubleshooting tips.
- Tap Device Details to view internet connectivity information, manufacturer, brand, operating system, forget the device to remove from the WiFi network, and more.
Note: Devices that have disconnected from your in-home network will display in the Devices screen in the Not Connected section for six months before automatically being removed.
There are two default profiles available when you first start your Cox Wifi app. The Household profile is for smart devices that are used by all users, such as a thermostat, security system, and door locks. The Guest profile is for devices used by visitors that you wish to monitor their use.
To remove a device from a profile, select the Device name then tap Forget Device. To reassign a device to a different profile, select the Device name, tap Preferences, then select Edit. From the Edit section you may move the device to another profile.
Bedtime Mode automatically pauses WiFi access over your in-home network during a scheduled time period. If a device tries to access a website, app, or service outside a web browser during Bedtime Mode, then a message displays that the website cannot be reached or that the device is not connected to the internet.
To set Bedtime Mode for a device, complete the following steps.
- From your Cox Wifi app, at the bottom of the screen, tap People.
- Tap the Profile that the device is assigned to.
- From the specific Profile screen, next to Bedtime Mode, tap Edit.
- Select the desired dates, sleep, and wake times for each device assigned to the selected profile. You can select and edit one or both of the following options.
- School Nights (Sun-Thurs)
- Weekend Nights (Fri-Sat)
Using Parental Controls reduces the risk of accessing inappropriate content. Devices that have Parental Controls active that attempt to access inappropriate content are redirected to a block page while connected to your in-home network. When Parental Controls are activated, the inappropriate content is immediately blocked.
Note: Content that was previously accessed before Parental Controls was assigned, may be cached and can take up to 24 hours for that content to be blocked.
Parental Controls will only restrict access to inappropriate content on devices that are connected to your in-home network. It is important to note that while Parental Controls is intended to help block devices from accessing inappropriate content online, it is not guaranteed to restrict all inappropriate sites and applications.
The following third-party settings are automatically applied to all devices with Parental Controls active.
|YouTube Restricted Mode||On|
To set Parental Controls for a Profile, complete the following steps.
- From the desired Profile, next to Parental Controls, select Edit.
- Tap On.
The following table provides a description of other features that are available on your Cox Wifi app.
|Active Time Alerts|| |
To set-up Active Time Alerts, complete the following steps.
|Network Activity|| |
|Protected Browsing|| |
|Advanced Security|| |
Alerts you when there is a change in WiFi settings or when a new device joins your home network for the first time.