We understand that service interruptions are never convenient but when it does happen, resolving the issue is our top priority.
Use the following information to locate service outage notifications and how to opt in to receive text notifications about the outage.
- To request or change non-outage related notification preferences, refer to www.cox.com/myprofile/notifications.html. For more information, see Changing Your Notification Preferences.
- When opting to receive Text Notifications for outages, you are not opting to receive Cox Communications marketing materials.
Service Outage and Request Text Notifications
An outage alert displays when you are signed in to your MyAccount profile or within the Cox app. The outage alert includes the following information.
- The Estimated Repair Time
Note: There are exceptions that may impact an Estimated Repair Time, such as natural disasters or a significant increase in use.
- The option to sign up for text notification
Example of an Outage Notification
The following image is an example of an outage message that displays in the Cox app. Alerts in MyAccount or received by text message display similar information.
Understanding Text Notifications
The following information provides an overview of the type of text notifications you may receive and how to request or stop updates.
- You are opting to receive notifications about the current declared outage. Once the outage is resolved, we do not continue to send outage notifications.
- Contact your mobile carrier for standard text messaging and data rates.
Types of Notifications
The following are the types of notifications that are automatically sent to your cellphone.
- What is the Estimated Repair Time
- When an Estimated Repair Time is extended or when it ends
- When service is restored, and the outage is resolved
- When you enter Do Not Disturb hours
Note: The Do Not Disturb hours temporarily pause messages during nighttime hours. You can always request an update.
Requesting an Update or to Stop NotificationsUse the following to request or stop a text notification about a current outage. We do not send automatic updates.
- To request an update, text UPDATE to 269898
- To remove notifications, text STOP to 269898