To manage Parental Controls, you must go through the Quick Setup option, which allows you to easily set up primary parental controls settings such as TV / Movie ratings, safe browse, application locks, and a purchase PIN.
- The PIN is receiver specific and does not carry over to other receivers. Always set up a PIN for each receiver as needed.
- TV and Movie ratings locks are grouped by age range such as Little Kids, Older Kids, and Teens.
- Low Safety is a combination of Safe Search and the Safe Browse settings.
- The following TV / Movie Ratings and Safe Browse settings are included in the following age ranges and all require a PIN to access content.
|Demographic ||Browsing Safety ||TV Rating ||Movie Rating |
|Little Kids |
|High ||TVY7, TVPG, TV14, TVMA || PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, Adult |
|Older Kids |
|Medium ||TVPG, TV14, TVMA ||PG-13, R, NC-17, R, Adult |
|Medium ||TVMA ||R, NC-17, Adult |
- You can access the Quick Setup flow by entering the Parental Controls menu.
- If you do not have any parental controls enabled, you are automatically prompted to begin set up of parental controls.
- If you enable these settings, you can return to this flow any time by selecting Parental Controls Level within parental controls.
- The Quick Setup only includes the following primary parental controls settings:
- TV / Movie Ratings
- Safe Browse
- Application Locks
- Parental Control PIN
- Purchase PIN
- Customers who wish to enable other parental controls settings such as title locks or day and time locks can find those settings inside the Parental Controls settings menu.
- Users who do not have parental controls enabled will not see a change.
- User's settings are labeled as Custom if their settings do not match any of the parental controls levels.
Important: The default parental control PIN is 0000.
Select the appropriate option below.