Hiya is an automated detection service that prevents calls suspected of spam.
- Hiya is preinstalled on all Samsung devices.
- A customer can block or report a number from their device.
- Some calls may not be blocked and will still get through.
- The caller ID may display Wireless Caller. These calls are not typically spam or fraudulent callers.
Identifying Incoming Calls
Hiya uses the caller ID to notify customers when a call is suspected of a Scam, Fraud, or Suspected Spam.
|Caller ID Display||Details|
|Scam or Fraud||Hiya has identified the caller as a Scam or Fraud.|
Hiya is unable to determine the call type and has identified it as a possible scam or fraudulent call.
Note: Occasionally a call may come through as spammers are always coming up with new ways to avoid being identified. These calls are typically flagged as Spam.
Block and Report a Number
You can take additional action by blocking and reporting a number.
|Block Number||The number is added to a list of blocked callers.|
|Report Number||Hiya collects the information via a form that displays when reporting a number.|
Use the following information to manage Hiya on the device.
- Tap the Phone app.
- Tap the options icon represented by three dots and then tap Settings.
- Tap Caller ID and Spam Protection.
- Tap the switch to On or Off.