IMAP servers allow users to view email messages via an email client or application, such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Windows Mail, or others. IMAP offers the following features that POP does not.
- Support for simultaneous multiple access. New email is available and accessible from any client device at any time.
- Partial fetch, only the sender and header information is downloaded, which leaves more storage on the device.
- Two-way communication between client devices and the email server. This increases stability of the server.
- Messages can be downloaded to the client device, if needed.
- Actions to a message such as read or replied to, will be seen on any client device accessing the same mailbox.
- The server can be searched for specific messages based on different criteria. This allows the user to download only the messages they want.
Use the following IMAP server settings information to set up your Cox Email on most devices and email client programs.
|Your Name||Your Name|
|User Name||The first part of your Cox email address, without @cox.net. |
Note: Your user name and password are the same as the ones you use to access your email account at myemail.cox.net.
|Password||Email account password|
|Incoming Mail Settings|| |
Server name: imap.cox.net
|Outgoing Mail Settings|| |
Server name: smtp.cox.net
|Use SSL / TLS|| |