The Homelife Video Doorbell (VDB) replaces a traditional wired doorbell and enables customers to monitor their entryway in the Cox Panoramic Wifi App.
Availability and Pricing
The Homelife Video Doorbell is sold in all channels where Cox Homelife is available today. The doorbell is $150.
The VDB provides you with the following features.
- Receive notifications for vehicles, people, pets, and packages.
- With the Panoramic Wifi app, you have access to the following features:
- View live video in 1080p HD.
- Speak and listen to visitors through the doorbell.
- View the most recent 10-days of recordings.
Note: A subscription to Continuous Video Recording (CVR) service is required to view recordings.
- Get notified of front door activity and view the doorbell video on your TV.
Note: Customers must have Contour or Contour Stream Player to view on their TV.
The following information details the minimum requirements to install a VDB.
- Cox Homelife services
- Homelife Starter customers will be able to view live videos and recordings.
- Homelife Security or Automation tier customers will be able to view live video.
Note: CVR is not required for Security or Automation customers but is recommended as it provides the ability to record clips.
- Panoramic Wifi
Note: A PW3, PW6, or PW7 Panoramic Wifi modem is required.
- Existing doorbell wiring with 16 -24 Volts AC.
- Cox Technicians will not run wiring for the VDB. We recommend that an electrician install the appropriate wiring.
- If the current voltage to the doorbell is not the recommended 16-24 VAC, a new transformer that supplies the 16-24 VAC needs to be installed. Cox Technicians will not install a transformer.