Typically, two pieces of equipment are required to connect to a WiFi network in your home.
- A cable modem connects your home to an internet service provider's network.
- A third-party wireless router connects to the modem with an Ethernet cable, and then broadcasts WiFi to your devices.
The Panoramic Wifi Gateway puts the technology of a modem and router into one device to create your in-home WiFi network. However, we understand that there may be times when you would prefer to use your own router. To do this while using the Panoramic Wifi Gateway, enable Bridge Mode, which turns off the gateway's router capability but leaves the internet connection on.
- When Bridge Mode is enabled, you're not able to use Panoramic Wifi and Pods.
- If you've already activated your Panoramic Pods, you're not able to enable Bridge Mode.
- Enabling Bridge Mode doesn't disable the Panoramic WiFi Home Hotspot feature.
- Bridge Mode is not compatible with MoCA services such as IPTV.
- Bridge Mode is not compatible when fiber is delivering services to your home. To identify if you use fiber, then your home has an ONT installed.
Follow the steps below to enable Bridge Mode.
Note: Before enabling bridge mode, ensure that the SSID is not set as the default.