The Cox Panoramic wireless gateway puts the technology of a gateway and router into one device, creating the fastest, most reliable in-home Wifi network. Typically, two pieces of equipment are required to connect to the internet and the Wifi network in your home.
- The gateway connects your home to an internet service provider's network.
- The router connects your wired and wireless devices to your gateway.
We understand, however, that there may be times when you prefer to use your own router. To do this on our network, enable the Bridge Mode feature on the wireless gateway. This turns off your router's routing capabilities while leaving the gateway capabilities on.
- When Bridge Mode is enabled, you're not able to use Cox Panoramic Wifi and pods.
- If you've already activated your Panoramic pods, you're not able to enable Bridge Mode.
- Enabling Bridge Mode doesn't disable the Cox Panoramic Wifi Home Hotspot feature.
Follow the steps below to activate your Panoramic Wifi Pods.