Use the following information to understand how disconnecting or canceling your services may impact your billing, equipment, phone service, and email.
When disconnecting service, your bill will be pro-rated. You will be billed only for the partial month of services used prior to the disconnection. For example, if your billing cycle runs from the first of the month to the end of the month, then you will not be billed for the entire month if you disconnected before the end of the month.
If you are disconnected for non-payment services, then your services will be restored once you make a payment. To pay your bill, access View / Pay Bill.
You can drop off or ship Cox equipment, such as cable boxes, modems, remote controls, and cabling at designated Cox service locations. For locations, go to www.cox.com, click the Contact link at the very top right of the webpage, then click Find a Solutions Store. Once the map displays, be sure to click the Product Drop Off checkbox located in the menu to the right of the map.
The 911 service remains active if your phone service is disconnected for non-payment.
- Your phone service, including access to E911, will operate for up to eight hours during a power outage only if a battery is installed and is fully charged.
- You are responsible for ordering, installing, and monitoring the status of the battery.
- If this modem's battery indicator shows that you need a battery, or your battery needs replacing, you can purchase one by calling 1-855-324-7700, or visiting a Cox retail store.
- Find out more information at www.cox.com/battery.
- To ensure that E911 dispatchers receive your correct address, the installed modem should not be moved within your home or to another address. Please notify Cox if you would like to move your telephone modem.
Per our email policies, if you wish to keep messages and contacts after disconnecting Cox High Speed Internet service, you must move your Cox Email content to another email provider. After the disconnect is complete, we send you notification emails to your preferred contact email address on file to remind you to take action to save or move your Cox Email content.
We know switching email providers is never easy. Below are a few resources to help you move content from your Cox Email to an external account.
Note: To use the following tips, be sure to first set up your Cox Email in an email client program such as Outlook. Refer to Setting Up an Email Account in Windows for details.
- In your email client program, export the files you want to keep to a local file. For example, Outlook uses the file format .pst.
- Set up your new email account from your new provider in your email client program. Contact your external email account provider for assistance.
- To gain access to your saved Cox Email content, import the local file to your new account.
The following manufacturer support resources can help you move Cox Email content to your external email account. For full support on moving content to your external email account, Cox recommends that you contact your new email provider.
Alternatively, there are also free and paid software options available to archive your email or address book.