As a Panoramic Wifi Gateway subscriber, you are able to download the free Cox Panoramic Wifi app from the App Store or Google Play. Your mobile device or tablet must meet the following requirements.
- iOS version 11.0 or later
- Android 6.0 or later
The Panoramic Wifi app is compatible with the Technicolor CGM4141 and Arris TG1682 Panoramic Wifi Gateways.
Cox Wifi App
To sign in to your Cox Wifi app, enter your Cox primary user ID and password. The Cox Wifi app allows you to do the following.
- View the status of your internet connection and restart the gateway
- Troubleshoot issues for a specific device connected to your home network
- View and change your Wifi name and password
- Set up your Panoramic Wifi Pods
- View in-home network activity information
- Access additional troubleshooting information
- Create user profiles for the people in your home to easily control and keep track of everyone's devices.
- Organize the devices connected to your in-home WiFi network and give them nicknames.
To access your Panoramic Wifi settings via a web browser, go to wifi.cox.com, then enter your Cox primary user ID and password.
Note: Guest networks with a separate WiFi network name are not available.
If you have recently activated your gateway or changed your WiFi name or password, then verify that you have connected all of your wireless devices using your new WiFi name and password. Devices connected through a third-party WiFi router or extender do not appear on your listed devices.
Complete the following steps to locate a device.
- From the Cox Wifi app, at the bottom of the screen, tap Devices.
Result: A device list displays with the default device name provided by the manufacturer or the name you have previously personalized. Use the table below to learn about each device status icon that may display.
Indicator Description Greyed-Out Device Icons The device is not currently connected to your home network. Green Dot The device is connected to your home network. Pause Symbol
- The device is currently paused and cannot access your home network.
- To unpause a device, in the Device page, tap the Device Name, then tap Unpause Device.
Note: The pause function only prevents external connections and does not block connectivity to local or cellular networks.
Crescent Moon Symbol
- The device is currently in Bedtime Mode and cannot access your home network.
- To unpause a device in Bedtime Mode, at the bottom of the screen, tap People, then tap the Profile where the device is assigned, then tap Wake Up.
Note: Tapping Wake Up unpauses all devices assigned to that Profile until the next scheduled bedtime.
- From the Device List, tap which device you wish to view.
Result: From the Device screen, you can do the following.
- Tap Edit to personalize the device name.
- Tap Pause Device to block internet access.
- View Network Activity for that device.
- Tap Assign to assign the device to a profile.
- Tap Troubleshoot Device to see internet connectivity information and troubleshooting tips.
- Tap Device Details to view internet connectivity information, manufacturer, brand, operating system, forget the device to remove from the WiFi network, and more.
Note: Devices that have disconnected from your in-home network will display in the Devices screen in the Not Connected section for six months before automatically being removed.
There are two default profiles available when you first start your Cox Wifi app. The Household profile is for smart devices that are used by all users, such as a thermostat, security system, and door locks. The Guest profile is for devices used by visitors that you wish to monitor their use.
To create a new profile, use the following steps.
- From your Cox Wifi app, tap People.
- At the top of the screen, tap Create a Profile.
- From the Create New Profile screen, enter a name and choose an icon to represent the profile.
- Tap Create.
- From the Assign Devices screen, place a check in the boxes next to the devices you want to assign, then scroll down to tap Assign.
- From the Profile Created & Device Assigned screen, tap Close.
- To remove a device from a profile, tap the Device name, tap Device Details, then tap Forget Device.
- To reassign a device to a different profile, select the Device name, tap Preferences, then tap Edit. From the Edit section, you may move the device to another profile.
Downtime Scheduler, previously called Bedtime Mode, automatically pauses WiFi access over your in-home network during scheduled time periods. You can schedule multiple downtimes within the same day and choose any combination of time and day of the week. If a device tries to access a website, app, or service outside a web browser during Downtime Scheduler mode, then a message displays that the website cannot be reached or that the device is not connected to the internet.
To set Downtime Scheduler for a device, complete the following steps.
- From your Cox Wifi app, tap People.
- Tap the Profile that the device is assigned to.
- From the specific Profile screen, next to Downtime, tap Create Schedule.
- Select the desired icon, days of the week, and time range for each device assigned to the selected profile.
- Tap Apply.
Using Parental Controls reduces the risk of accessing inappropriate content. Devices that have Parental Controls active that attempt to access inappropriate content are redirected to a block page while connected to your in-home network. When Parental Controls are activated, the inappropriate content is immediately blocked.
Note: Content that was previously accessed before Parental Controls was assigned, may be cached and can take up to 24 hours for that content to be blocked.
Parental Controls will only restrict access to inappropriate content on devices that are connected to your in-home network. It is important to note that while Parental Controls is intended to help block devices from accessing inappropriate content online, it is not guaranteed to restrict all inappropriate sites and applications. Parental Controls do not monitor devices located in the household that connect to cellular networks.
The following third-party settings are automatically applied to all devices with Parental Controls active.
|YouTube Restricted Mode||On|
The Parental Controls section also provides the options to create and view 24 hour active time reports, active time spent for each profile, view a seven-day active-time weekly report, and assign / unassign devices.
To turn Parental Controls on or off for a Profile, complete the following steps.
- From your Cox Wifi app, tap People.
- Locate the Profile for the specific person or your whole household that you want to manage its parental controls.
- Tap the desired Profile icon.
- From the Profile screen, tap the Settings icon.
- From the Profile's setting menu, tap the desired feature to create a bedtime schedule, set up an active time limit, view activity reports, or turn Parental Controls on or off.
Activity Reporting provides a detailed view of how much time is spent on supported applications and their associated websites, when connected to your home network. Once this feature is enabled, time spent on the supported applications is tracked and categorized for that profile.
Complete the following steps to enable the Activity Reporting feature.
- From the Cox Panoramic Wifi app, select the desired profile.
- From the upper right-hand corner of the screen, tap to select the gear icon.
- From the Profile Settings screen, select Activity Reporting and tap On.
Note: The first time Activity Reporting is selected, you will need to accept the onscreen user consent to enable the feature.
The following table provides a description of other features that are available on your Cox Wifi app.
|Active Time Alerts|| |
|Network Activity|| |
|Protected Browsing|| |
|Restart Gateway|| |
Restarting your gateway can resolve many common issues.
|Advanced Settings||From the Network screen, tap Advanced Settings to access the following options. |
|Notifications||Alerts you when there is a change in WiFi settings or when a new device joins your home network for the first time. Depending on your device settings, the notifications may be set to push, silent, or others.|