To sign up for the Cox Mobile service you must meet the following general requirements.
- You must live at a Cox serviceable address.
- You must have any level of active Cox residential Internet service.
- Your account must enroll in EasyPay and Two-Step Verification at the time of purchase.
- Your Social Security Number must be on the account.
- To use a device you currently own, verify it is compatible with Cox using the Bring your own device to Cox Mobile webpage.
The following account types are ineligible.
- StraightUp Internet
- Roommate Accounts
- Bulk Accounts
Changing Service After Activation
The following information applies to anyone who cancels their Cox Internet service or moves out of the Cox serviceable area.
|You move out of the Cox serviceable area
|Cancel your Cox Internet service
|Thirty days after cancellation, a $20 per-line monthly fee is applied.
The following applies whether you move out of a Cox serviceable area or cancel your Cox Internet service.
- You may retain your line of service and the following options are available.
- Purchase accessories
- If the current device is paid in full, then you may purchase a replacement device
- Maintain current device financing with Citizens Pay
- Make changes to your plan, including international long-distance or roaming plans
- Remove Cox Mobile Protection Plan
- You cannot add a new Cox Mobile line of service.
- You cannot finance a new Cox Mobile device through Citizens Pay.
- You cannot add Cox Mobile Protection Plan to a new Cox Mobile device.
- If you move to an address that has prepaid Cox services, the $20 per-line monthly fee may apply. Contact us to verify if your address is eligible for Cox Mobile and determine if the fee applies to your new address.
- If you restore Cox Internet service then contact us to remove the $20 per-line monthly fee.
If you are placing your Cox services in a suspended or seasonal status, the following guidelines apply.
- For a suspended service status, there is a limit of nine months.
- Cox Mobile service cannot be suspended, only services such as Cox Internet, Voice, or Video service.
- No per-line monthly fee is applied during the period of service suspension.
- Any Cox Mobile device or accessory that is shipped, must be sent to your service address.
- There are no restrictions to transactions with Cox Mobile, including adding new lines, financing new devices, or changing a service plan.