As we walk you through activating your new line of service, you'll need access to the following items:
- Your My Account profile username and password
- Your Cox Mobile phone with a SIM card
Note: The SIM card arrives within the Welcome Kit.
- A computer or device that is not your new or old phone
Activating Your Device
The online activation portal guides you through activating your new Cox Mobile device.
- You will select from the devices associated with your Cox Mobile account.
- You cannot complete the online activation process from your new or old device.
- Your devices can be identified by a nickname.
- You must complete the activation process for each device.
Note: For assistance with guiding you through the activation portal or with issues, refer to Activating a Cox Mobile Device Using the Activation Portal
Selecting a Phone Number
When you activate your phone, you are given the option to select a new phone number or port a phone number from a previous carrier.
|Type of Phone Number||Details|
|Select a new number|
With a new Cox Mobile phone number, you'll be able to select from a few different available numbers. These numbers have a local area code.
|Port an existing phone number|
We can assist you with porting your phone number from your previous carrier to Cox Mobile.
Verifying Activation is Complete
Once your phone is activated, we recommend making sure everything looks right.
- Look for Cox Mobile in the top left corner.
- Restarting your phone initiates the ability to set up your voicemail. For device setup assistance, see Quickstart in Setting Up Your Cox Mobile Voice Mail.
- Make a call or send a text to confirm the phone is functioning correctly.
- Download the Cox app to manage your account and devices.