Cox Hotspots is a free feature for customers that are using the Cox Panoramic Wifi gateway. This feature allows you to access Cox Hotspots nationwide, saving you on cellular data usage, by using your Cox login credentials. You can also enable your Panoramic Wifi gateway to safely extend WiFi access to your friends and family without having to provide your network password.
Cox Hotspots provides the following benefits.
- Your cellular data is not used.
- The feature is separate from your secure home WiFi network.
- You can enable or disable the feature.
- Easily and safely extend WiFi access without having to provide a network password.
- Can be accessed nationwide by using your Cox login credentials.
Enable or Disable Cox Hotspots
Cox Hotspots is automatically enabled. We encourage you to keep this feature on as it allows more people to enjoy the benefits of Cox WiFI. Cox Hotspots is designed to work on a separate WiFi network, so your home network remains entirely secure. By enabling guests to use Cox WiFi, you increase your network security because you won't need to provide your private home WiFi network password.
To disable Cox Hotspots, complete the following steps.
- Open a web browser and enter cox.com/myprofile.
- Sign in to your account by entering your Cox username and password.
- From the My Account Overview section, click My Profile.
- Click to select Privacy Settings.
- From Privacy Settings, under the Cox Hotspot section, click Disable.