Cox Hotspots is a free feature for Panoramic Wifi customers. This feature allows you to access Understanding Cox Hotspots nationwide, saving you cellular data usage, by using your Cox login credentials. You can also enable your Panoramic Wifi Gateway to safely extend WiFi access to your friends and family without having to provide your network password.
Cox Hotspots provides the following benefits.
- Your cellular data is not used.
- The feature is separate from your secure home WiFi network.
- You can enable or disable the feature.
- Easily and safely extend WiFi access without having to provide a network password.
- Can be accessed nationwide by using your Cox login credentials.
Enable or Disable Cox Hotspots
Cox Hotspots is automatically enabled. We encourage you to keep this feature on as it allows more people to enjoy the benefits of Cox Hotspots. Cox Hotspots is designed to work on a separate WiFi network, so your home network remains entirely secure. By enabling guests to use Cox Hotspots, you increase your network security because you won't need to provide your private home WiFi network password.
To disable Cox Hotspots, complete the following steps.
- Open a web browser and enter www.cox.com/myprofile.
- Sign in to your account by entering your primary Cox user ID and password.
- From the Password, Security & Privacy section, click Privacy preferences.
- From the Privacy preferences page, does the Cox Hotspot section display?
- If yes, then click the radio button next to Disable.
- If no, then contact us for help.
- Click Save changes.