Refer to the table below for details about the Inbox settings.
|Setting ||Description ||Options |
|Common ||Choose how these standard email options help you manage your Inbox. || |
- Permanently remove deleted emails
- Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while sending
- Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while reading
- Used fixed-width font for text emails
- Default sender address
- Auto-save email drafts
|Compose ||Select options for composing new email. || |
- Append vCard
- Insert the original email text to a reply
|Forward emails as ||Choose how to forward email. || |
|Format emails as ||Choose how email displays in the reading pane and additional compose email options. || |
- Plain text
- HTML and plain text
|Default font style ||Set default font for how emails display in your Inbox. || |
|Display ||Customize how your emails will display in the application. || |
- Allow html formatted emails
- Allow pre-loading of externallly linked images
- Display emoticons as graphics in text emails
- Color quoted lines
- Show requests for read receipts
- Change IMAP subscriptions
A vacation message can be set to automatically reply to incoming emails. Set up message rules and customize the following settings.
- Create a vacation message
- Select from the following message rules
- Do not activate vacation message
- Reply every time
- Reply every time and append original message
- Reply once to each sender
You can enter email addresses and customize rules for mail forwarding with the following settings.
- Disable forwarding
- Forward and keep a copy
- Forward, then discard
You can create, edit, and delete rules for incoming emails, including blocking domains from sending you email. To add new filters, click Add new rule.
View the list of up to 250 email addresses or domains you've blocked to prevent them from sending you email.
- Select policies to allow email from all senders or block and allow email based on the blocked and allowed lists
- Delete blocked messages
- Place blocked messages in a folder
- Remove blocked sender email addresses
Note: To add new email addresses to your blocked list, go to your Inbox, place a check in the box next to the email, then click the More actions icon. From the More actions drop-down menu, click Block sender.
Personalize your outgoing mail signature.
- Add a new signature
- Choose default for new messages and replies or forwards
- Edit existing signatures
- Delete existing signatures
Set preferences for Spam messages.
- Mark as Spam and deliver to Inbox
- Put in Spam folder
- Delete Spam without delivering
Block large groups or amounts of spam.