The Citizens Pay Device Payment Plan allows you to finance your phone with a Line of Credit, which allows you to make monthly payments towards the total cost of your Cox Mobile device.
- Cox cannot apply a payment for a financed device.
- Your Cox Mobile billing due date may differ from your Home Services bill due date.
- You will receive a separate bill statement from Citizens Pay, but you can also see the balance on your device from your My Account profile.
- Create a CitizensPay account to make payments.
- Setting up Automatic Payment can help avoid missing a payment.
- The payment is displayed in the Device Purchases section of the bill.
- When an additional payment is made on a device, the monthly device charge remains the same. The last payment is adjusted based on the remaining balance.
Note: Financing with Citizen's Pay is a Line of Credit and not a credit card.
Contacting Citizens Pay
Citizens Pay is available to discuss your device payment plan using the following contact information.
- Online at Citizens Pay.
- By phone at 877-291-6391.
Citizens Pay Credit Check Information
Potential down payment may be required during the order entry process.
- Each device may require a down payment and is determined by an external credit check.
- A soft credit check is completed during the pre-approval process.
- A hard credit check is completed during the device payment plan loan application.
- You'll receive a credit rating from Citizens Pay that determines the required percentage that must be paid as a down payment. This can range from 0% to 60%.
Down Payment and Financing Information
The following information is an overview of the down payment and financing through Citizens Pay.
- Down payment may be required if there is an insufficient line of credit remaining that prevents the option to finance a device.
- The down payment can be paid online using a credit or debit card, or by cash in a Cox store.
- Any remaining balance can be paid off on the CitizensPay app. Cox cannot apply a payment for a financed device.