Adding new devices to connect with your Cox Homelife Automation system can be done in a few steps.
- Sign in to your Cox Homelife mobile app.
- From the Overview screen, tap the More menu.
- From the More screen, tap Manage Devices.
- From the Manage Devices screen, tap Add Devices.
- From the Add Devices screen, tap the Lights icon.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to power up and then pair your smart plug.
To pair the smart plug with your Homelife hub, follow the steps below:
- Plug the smart plug into a nearby electrical outlet.
Note: When the indicator light on the front of the plug begins to blink, it is in pairing mode.
- In your Cox Homelife mobile app, access the Manage Devices screen.
- Locate your paired smart plug.
- Tap EDIT to customize the device name.
Example: Living Room Lamp
Once the plug has finished pairing with the hub, you can move the plug to your desired location.
Using the Mobile App
To control your newly installed smart plug from your mobile app, follow the steps below:
- Tap the Lights tile.
- Tap the lightbulb icon to turn selected lights, or appliances controlled by the smart plug, on or off.
- Tapping ALL ON or ALL OFF controls all LED light bulbs and smart plugs at the same time.