You may need to use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to configure TCP/IP settings if you have trouble connecting to Cox Internet in the following situations. See TCP / IP Setup By Operating System section below.
- You recently installed a new Network Interface Card (NIC).
- You are connecting a computer to Cox Internet for the first time.
If your computer is already part of a network, you must modify the computer's network configuration to connect to Cox Internet. One of the following actions is required.
- Change your computer's configuration, disconnect from the network, and then connect to Cox Internet.
- Use another computer which is not connected to the network to connect to Cox Internet.
- Use the DHCP service to obtain the following items.
- IP Address
- Default gateway
- Domain Name Service (DNS) address
Refer to specific information for your operating system below to configure your network settings for use with Cox Internet service.
- Windows TCP/IP Setup - Refer to Managing Internet Connection Settings in Windows 10.
- Mac TCP/IP Setup - Refer to Managing an Internet Connection in macOS.
Note: Cox does not support operating systems. This information is for reference only. For specific information on different operating systems, refer to the manufacturer.