Want to understand how to use the Voice Mail service for your Cox Digital Telephone? We've made it easy for you to access your home phone voice mail from any of the following.
- Your home phone
- Any mobile phone, or any phone line
- An access number if your home phone number is busy
- Any computer connected to the Internet
- Cox Connect app on your Android or Apple device
Note: Once you have accessed the Voice Mail from your phone, refer to Using Voice Mail Personal Options to help navigate the menu options.
Access Voice Mail From Your Home Phone
- Lift the handset of your home phone.
- Press star ( * ) and the numbers 2- 9- 8, or call your 10-digit home phone number.
- If prompted, enter your PIN and press #.
Access Voice Mail From Any Mobile Phone or Outside Line
- Call your 10-digit home phone number.
- When the greeting begins, interrupt by pressing star ( * ) then the number 5.
- When prompted, enter your PIN and press #.
Access Voice Mail Using an Access Number
- Call the access phone number for your city.
- When prompted, enter your 10-digit home phone number.
- Enter your PIN and press #.
Access Voice Mail From a Device Connected to the Internet
- Go to Voice Tools at http://phonetools.cox.com.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
Note: If you do not remember your User ID or Password, or experience an issue signing in, see Recover Your Cox User ID or Reset Your Cox Password.
- Click a message to hear it play on your computer or laptop.
Accessing Voice Mail With Cox Connect
You can use your smartphone or other mobile device to access your Cox home phone voice mail. Then you can view the list of voice mails, listen to them, and delete them.
- Launch the Cox Connect app.
- Sign in with your User ID and Password.
Note: If you haven't already created a User ID and Password, go to Cox.com and click Register at the very top of the screen.
- From the Home screen, tap Voicemails.
- Tap the voice mail you want to hear.
- From this screen, you can do the following:
- Read a text version of the voicemail.
- Tap the play arrow to listen to the voice mail.
- Tap Speaker to listen on your phone's speaker.
- Tap Call Back to call the person that left the message.
- Tap Delete to delete the voice mail.
Note: Voice mail can also be deleted from the list of available voice mail by swiping it to the left and then tapping Delete.