You've entered your order for Cox Internet service. You're ready to connect your new modem or gateway so you can get online. Let's get started by reviewing some useful information.
- Your new modem or gateway must meet Cox Internet service requirements. See Cox Certified Cable Modems and Choosing the Right Cable Modem or Gateway.
- If you did not purchase your modem new from a third-party retailer but instead purchased or received it in used condition, then it is possible the modem cannot be used with your Cox Internet service. Contact us to determine if the modem can be activated on your account.
- If you’re already a Cox Internet customer using a Cox-provided modem or gateway, then contact us before switching to a different modem.
You may also need to have the following information ready so you can register at www.cox.com/activate.
- Your phone number, service address, or account number
- Your Cox PIN or the last four of the account holder's Social Security Number (SSN).
- Your primary user ID and password to sign in to your account.