In VoiceManager, you can upload a pre-recorded audio file for use with the following applications.
- Music on Hold, limited to five messages
- Auto Attendant, limited to two messages
- Custom Ringback
To record a file, you need a microphone and any off-the-shelf program that is capable of producing an audio file with the following specifications.
- CCITT, u-law, or a-law codec
- WAV file format
- Sample rate = 8 KHz
- 8 bit
- Mono audio
- There is a maximum file size of 5 Mb for recorded files.
- If you already have a file, but it is in the wrong format, you can convert it by going to G711.org. For the Output Format, select u-law WAV (8Khz, Mono, u-law).
- If you do not have a way to record a message, but subscribe to Voice Mail to Email feature, you can record your message as a voice mail, and save it to your computer.
After the file has been created, you can upload it to any of the above applications when presented with the option.