Domain Name Hosting
Cox Business is decommissioning the DNS Services infrastructure that provides records used to locate services such as websites and email servers.
If you have DNS records in the WebDNS tool, in order to prevent any disruption to business email or websites, then you need to contact a different registrar for DNS hosting.
- Webhosting Customers and Pointer Records (PTR), also known as reverse pointers, will not be impacted.
- You can still make requested changes to existing records during the migration.
If you have Webmail services with Cox Business using a domain you own, when you migrate your DNS records, you will need to point your MX Record to mx.coxmail.com to avoid impacting email services.
Perform a Who.Is lookup to determine if Cox is the Authorative Domain.
|Cox is the Authoritative||You should contact a new registrar to mirror the DNS records Cox is currently hosting.|
|Cox is not the Authoritative||You should contact your web host or domain service registrar to add all your DNS records to your servers.|
SPF Email Authentication
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication method used to help detect email spoofing and help prevent phishing and spam. SPF checks the list of authorized sending hosts and IP addresses for a domain that is published in the Domain Name System (DNS) records. Below are the three options to help you add an SPF for your domain.
- If Cox is your MX host, but not your DNS host, then contact your DNS host and request to add the following SPF record "v=spf1 mx include:coxmail.com ?all".
- If Cox is your MX host and also your DNS host, then contact us and request to add an SPF record to your DNS records.
- If Cox is your DNS host, but not your MX host, then contact your MX host and request an SPF record. Next, contact us to provide that text string so that we can add an SPF record to your DNS.
Below are the Cox Business Services resolvers needed to resolve DNS names. The resolvers can be used for the settings in your routers, gateways, and computers. These servers are available to all Cox Business markets.
- Primary name server: 22.214.171.124
- Secondary name server: 126.96.36.199
Additional Email Servers
Listed below is POP3, SMTP, and IMAP email server information.
- IMAP - imap.coxmail.com
- POP3 - pop.coxmail.com
- SMTP - smtp.coxmail.com